5 Life Insurance Sales TipsAgent Sales Tips
5 Tips that can help an agent build a better business
When trying to grow your insurance business, you look for as many sales tips as possible. Insurance is our only business and we’ve learned a lot along the way. Because we know that it all starts with an agent making a sale, we’re always looking to help our agents achieve greater levels of success in any way possible, so we’ve made a list of five fundamental keys to becoming successful. Some of these may seem simple, but they’re definitely worth repeating.
- Keep Learning: Sure, you may know all about the specific products you sell. But can you also talk to prospects about their specific insurance needs? Keeping up with the latest information in the insurance industry can keep you a step ahead of other agents, and keep your customers happy, as well.
- Get Technical: Everybody’s online these days. If you’re not marketing yourself online, you’re missing out on a large group of potential clients. Figure out the best ways to increase your online presence, but make sure it’s realistic and fits in with your overall business goals. Don’t underestimate the power of social media networking to grow your business from both a sales and recruiting perspective!
- Think Outside the Box: Every insurance agent has a business card. Think beyond tradition in this area. By thinking of creative ways to market yourself, you can reach an audience that most agents wouldn’t normally get to. Whether it’s volunteering or sponsoring an event, try to go above and beyond traditional marketing efforts to get your message heard.
- Excel in Customer Service: Insurance agents who spend all their time trying to get new clients have a tendency to forget about the existing ones. Make sure you’re taking care of your clients, and they’ll take care of you in return by offering referrals and testimonials for you.
- Ask for Referrals: Now that you’ve made your clients happy, be sure to ask them if there are any friends or family members they can think of who would benefit from the valuable policies you offer. Word-of-mouth advertising is one of the best (and cheapest) ways to build your business.
Founder - Pegasus Group of Companies
JD Moya has been in the insurance industry for over 46 years. Starting out selling door-to-door he quickly outpaced all agents in his region selling over 500 policies in his first year. With the remarkable success he experienced he quickly realized the impact he could have with other agents and increasing their sales as well. Pegasus was founded in 1992 and has been a leader in the Hispanic market ever since.
18402 US HWY 281 N., Suite 265
San Antonio, TX 78259